“Xana” has been sailing since 1994, first launched by the Italian shipyard Codecasa. The yacht’s current owners proceeded with a rebuild in 2018, with main contractor Navinco Ltd. and project manager Cpt. Tasos Keramidas. The project included a five-meter extension of the stern, increasing “Xana” to 45 meters overall. This extension allowed a complete interior refit as well as additional deck spaces and outdoor areas. Although it is extremely rare, the builder’s brand name remained on yacht after the refit was completed. The project was finalized in 2021, transforming “Xana” into an ultimate vessel in terms of comfort, technology and aesthetics, while keeping the Italian classic lines.
Alkyonis Co. undertook and implemented the following works:
- Fire protection insulation A60 – Galley Area
- Fire protection insulation A60 in conjunction with acoustic insulation – Trunks & E/R Area
- Thermal insulation of vertical & horizontal surfaces – Accommodation Areas
- Condensation control of surfaces with Mascoat Marine DTM Thermal Insulating Coating
- Sound damping with Mascoat – dB Sound Damping Coating – Trunks & E/R Area
- Sound damping tiles – E/R Area
- Cladding of insulated surfaces with perforated aluminum sheets – Trunks & Storage rooms
- Cladding of surfaces/acoustic insulation with Bondal® acoustic panels – E/R Area
- Modulation of technical spaces with Mascoat VBS isolation mounts
- Construction of Control Room with B15 Panels – E/R Area
- Thermal insulation of exhausts – 2 main engines, 2 generators with removable thermal covers
- Pipe insulation – Chilled pipes & Unit, Hot/Cold/Drain pipe systems
For the abovementioned works, the following companies’ products were used: Paroc, Promat, Mascoat, Thyssenkrupp, Klever’s, Unifrax, K-Flex, Elvik, Marinsu.